1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Retirement Celebration Ideas..PLEASE!!!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by alisonjayneridgeback, Jun 9, 2010.

1. Hi I know this conversation is a long time ago, but we also have a colleague leaving and I would love a copy of your songs. Thanks

2. I'd really appreciate it if you emailed me the songs please? Many thanks in advance!

3. Hi,

Would it be possibel for you to send me your ideas/songs/video links. My headteacher is leavinga nd would really welcome some help. Thank you. msheehan4.313@lgflmail.org

4. Hi! I know it was some time ago but would it be possible to send me a copy of the songs please?

5. fishtoe

fishtoe New commenter

I know it is wonderful that this teacher is getting the send off they deserve.

I was in your husband's position last year. 15 years at the school and for all intense and purposes I disappeared. No leaving do, no thank you. A friend who had been there for 8 years retired she had a big do BBQ on the school grounds picture in the paper, on the last day some one hired a mobility scooter for her to go round the playground on!!

But I wasn't allowed to go to her leaving do !!

6. Hiya, I know you posted on this thread 7 years ago but I was wondering if you could still email out those songs you'd written for a retiring teacher? I would be very grateful thank you.

7. mytmot

mytmot New commenter

8. mytmot

mytmot New commenter

Hello. Would you be able to send me the poem, songs and viral video link you mention in your post please. I've been asked to organise the leaving assembly for our headteacher and your ideas sound great so would like to begin by looking at yours.

Thanks very much indeed

mytmot

9. misswillsher

misswillsher New commenter

10. stevenfay29

stevenfay29 New commenter

11. stevenfay29

12. stevenfay29

Hi Govinderfan,

I know this is an old thread but could you send me the songs please! Thanks Steven

13. kirstmcd

kirstmcd New commenter

Hi Govinderfan
    Again I know this is an old thread, but could I have a copy of the songs please? We have 2 members of staff retiring this year who have been in the school for nearly 40 years. Thank you
    kirstymcdonald220@hotmail.com

14. rpcsherry

rpcsherry New commenter

I too realise it is a long time but would really appreciate any help for three much loved members of staff leaving this term
    rpcsherry@yahoo.co.uk

15. cstrach

cstrach New commenter

Hi Michelle.

I have just read your thread. Is there any chance you could send me copies of your songs please. My head is retiring at Christmas and I want her leaving assembly to be fab. My email address is caroline0978@gmail.com. Thank you so much.
    Caroline

16. glassondock

glassondock New commenter

Hi Do you still have these songs? I would really appreciate a copy of them to: rduncan@thurnhamglasson.lancs.sch.uk

Thank you

17. leanne23

leanne23 New commenter

Hi,
    I know it was years ago since you first posted this but if you still had the songs etc I would love if you could email them to me. My email is lmaguire833@c2kni.net
    Many thanks

18. hammie

hammie Lead commenter

erm, just wondering. Does anyone ever ask the retiree if they want a big fuss made. Personally, I would hate it. Apart from anything else it would delay my escape from 45 or more years of setting the alarm clock!

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  19. zarden

zarden New commenter

20. xnuttynickix

xnuttynickix New commenter

Would it be possible to have a look at your songs