1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Retention allowance

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by found nemo, May 19, 2011.

1. I've been offered a retention allowance as I planned on applying for a new job this week and I'm being 'encouraged' to stay. Is there anything I need to be wary of? I will ask for the details in writing before the job application deadline. I understand it has to be given a time frame but can this be subject to change, for example if a TLR were to be made available within that stipulated time? Thanks

2. I've been offered a retention allowance as I planned on applying for a new job this week and I'm being 'encouraged' to stay. Is there anything I need to be wary of? I will ask for the details in writing before the job application deadline. I understand it has to be given a time frame but can this be subject to change, for example if a TLR were to be made available within that stipulated time? Thanks