1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Retained Primitive reflexes

Discussion in 'Primary' started by alihazelton, Sep 10, 2012.

1. I keep coming across information about retained primitive reflexes inhibiting child development. Even the behavioural optometrist is adding exercises to his tracking helps list. From what I have gleaned, and watching the videos at 'You Tube' Brain Highways(fascinating!)this problem could well effect 4 of my School Action Plus children who have serious issues with attention and dysgraphia. I'd really appreciate some more information about retained primitive reflexes and resources to help these children please. Thank you!

2. I keep coming across information about retained primitive reflexes inhibiting child development. Even the behavioural optometrist is adding exercises to his tracking helps list. From what I have gleaned, and watching the videos at 'You Tube' Brain Highways(fascinating!)this problem could well effect 4 of my School Action Plus children who have serious issues with attention and dysgraphia. I'd really appreciate some more information about retained primitive reflexes and resources to help these children please. Thank you!