1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Results - does anybody have any good news?

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by noemie, Aug 29, 2011.

1. noemie

noemie Occasional commenter

If we leave out A-level, then I'm generally pleased with results, somehow I have avoided the general curse that has struck so many MFL teachers this year. Whilst some of the top writing grades were slightly lower than I had anticipated, at the bottom end it was the exact opposite, the examiner was more generous than I had been, resulting in a C/D borderline actually getting a C by the skin of her teeth.
    Now if we look at A-level though...

2. Linguo24

Linguo24 New commenter

Our Spanish GCSE results this year were the best we've ever had, with 77% gaining A*/A (cohort of 42)- we do OCR. French, however, was lower than normal, with 41% gaining A*/A with a cohort of 76. Our writing marks were by far the worst of all four skills in French, with pupils getting Cs/Ds/ and Es there while getting A* or As in other skills. The Spanish writing seemed to have been marked less brutally.

4. Sorry, not sure why my post has come out in a strange manner today but I think the gist of it is clear (ish).