1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Results 12 week combined test - how long?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy' started by Harriet75, Jul 27, 2011.

1. Hello! Had 12 week scan on fri with a nuchal measurement of 1.4mm. Our nhs trust policy is only to inform of results if high risk. Midwife said I'd get a phonecall if I was in high risk category. It's weds evening and no phone call yet. Any idea when I can breathe again and consider no news is good news?! Would I have heard by now if there was a problem do you think?

2. Chica77

Chica77 New commenter

I think you'd have heard by now if you were high risk. I got my (low risk) results by letter, and that was pretty quick, within a week.

3. I had a right panic. The midwife told me they'd phone if high risk earlier rather than later. So if I heard in a week, I can think it was high risk. If they phoned after a week, it should be a good sign. Well, they phoned on day 3. As soon as I answered and realised who it was, my heart plummeted and my hand was shaking. Turns out I was low risk and they had just processed things quicker, but it didn't half make me panic!
    I'm sure all will be fine and as each day goes by that you don't hear, consider it a good sign.
    Congratulations by the way [​IMG]

4. Chica77

Chica77 New commenter

That's how I felt when I got my results so quickly by letter! I thought that maybe they'd decided to write instead of call as they must've posted the letter the day after my test!

5. I'm panicking every time the phone rings! I don't think it's a complicated blood test and the leaflet I was given says 2 working days for results to be processed so rationally I'm hoping it's ok... But irrationally I keep thinking something will go wrong.

6. Harriet, my letter came 4 days after the test.
    Please don't worry, 1.4mm is a very low (good) measurement. Mine was 1.9mm and I came back as low risk.