1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

result certificates

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by geordiegirl24, May 31, 2012.

1. Hi
    My dad passed away in September and my estranged mother destroyed all of my education achievement certificates including GCSE's and A Level results. Thankfully I had my Degree with me. I am unsure how to go about getting these re sent to myself as I cannot now remember all the boards used and from reading other posts I gather that I have to send these along with my application for PGCE.
    I would appreciate any advice.
    Thank you

2. Hi
    My dad passed away in September and my estranged mother destroyed all of my education achievement certificates including GCSE's and A Level results. Thankfully I had my Degree with me. I am unsure how to go about getting these re sent to myself as I cannot now remember all the boards used and from reading other posts I gather that I have to send these along with my application for PGCE.
    I would appreciate any advice.
    Thank you

3. Don't worry it is fairly straightforward - albeit at a cost.
    Go to the website of the examining body (fairly easy to google) and you can request replacement certificates online. There is a charge for each year's worth of qualifications so GCSE counts as one and A Level as another - and each examining board has its own system.
    Although from experience for ITT I think you will only need the GCSE's (English & Maths for secondary / English, Maths & Science for primary).
    I had to do it for my O Levels taken 25 years ago with two now defunct examining bodies but I got there in the end - if I rememeber correctly it took a couple of weeks for the paperwork to come through.
    Good luck.

4. As above, really. A bit of on-line detective work to find who has the records of your old exam board and then sent off a request. It doesn't matter if you have to guess your subjects a bit as they correct it for you.

5. barneystinson

barneystinson New commenter

First of all apologies for your situation.

As already mentioned, you're best searching online. Personally if I wasn't sure who the examination boards were I would contact old school friends who you studied with and ask them if they can find their certificates and find out the exact examination boards.

6. I was in a similar situation, and just phoned my old school and asked them which board(s) they used in my final year x

7. Hi,
    Sorry to hear about your tough year. I was in a similar situation last year so I rang my school. They sent me a list of all my subjects, grades and exam boards so that I could then approach the correct boards. My PGCE course only wanted proof of English and Maths GCSE, they were not worried about A levels.
    The exam boards are pretty quite at sending out the replacement certificates, though you do have to pay. :-(
    Best of luck.