1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Result - a Christmas gift from NASUWT..

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by magic surf bus, Dec 23, 2011.

1. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

A £164.70 refund of subscription fees to cover the last two years of Supply, where I've only averaged 3 days a week. In response to my e-mail query, their membership team have acknowledged that I should only be paying their 50% part-time member's sub.

I reckon that was ten minutes well spent, and I'd recommend that any member who's still paying them the full sub should be getting in touch with them asap.

If enough Supply staff do the same maybe they'll start paying a bit more attention to us?

2. magic surf bus

A £164.70 refund of subscription fees to cover the last two years of Supply, where I've only averaged 3 days a week. In response to my e-mail query, their membership team have acknowledged that I should only be paying their 50% part-time member's sub.

I reckon that was ten minutes well spent, and I'd recommend that any member who's still paying them the full sub should be getting in touch with them asap.

If enough Supply staff do the same maybe they'll start paying a bit more attention to us?

3. Nice one, Margic Surf!
    Enjoy.
    Does that mean that I will be entitled to summit back as I have not worked all term and am paying full union fees?
    Do they ask for proof of this or take you on yer word and pop the cheque in the post?

4. magic surf bus

I registered my change from full-time to supply with them two years ago. All I did recently was send an e-mail telling them my average number of working days per week. No other proof was required.

5. Thanks for that, I hadn't even given it a thought. Email now sent and hopefully charges will be reduced accordingly.

6. jubilee

jubilee Star commenter

I pay £48 per year with ATL as I get so little supply work that I'm in the ' 0.3 and under' category for subs.
    All the Unions have a range of subs based on the average employment percentage.

7. I had a reply from NASUWT today:

"We do not actually have a supply rate but we do have 2 part time rates.

Please find below membership rates for 2012

Standard full time = £167.40 per annum

Standard part time rate covers up to 3 days per week(15 hours) or 116 days in a calendar year = £83.70 per annum

Reduced part time rate covers up to 1.5 days per week(7.5 hours) or 58 days in a calendar year = £41.85 per annum"

Worked 102 days for last calendar year.

Thanks Magic Surf Bus you've saved me some money. Very grateful!