1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

RESTUFF?

Discussion in 'Religious Education' started by amandalou, Apr 26, 2011.

1. Hi
    Hope you had a good break??
    I was just wondering if anyone else is experiencing problems getting on to restuff? I have tried several times today and even on my phone but no joy...

2. matryoshkadoll

matryoshkadoll Occasional commenter

Yes, me too! Just when I am looking for inspiration!!

3. I know me too... what do you need inspiration for?

4. matryoshkadoll

I'm trying to put together a new unit called 'stamp of identity for yr 9 next year. Some ideas so far are: 'identity as fashion' and the judgments we make about people; the muslim hijab/burka debate/; malcolm x and the expectations in a community (beyond the black element); rules to live by and why rules maintain stability in a community (could incorporate jewish/islamic food requirements and link to community) with an assessment based on what it means to be part of a community - just off the top of my head. But really struggling with limited resources in the department! Hence the reason for looking on RE stuff! Any thoughts?

5. Sounds interesting. Do you subscribe to RE today? They had a lesson on the hijab/burka debate and you could link that to the situation in France.

6. matryoshkadoll

Thanks -U was with RE Today but I haven't been for the past 2 years as my budget has been really small!! However, I have had a £500 increase this year which may allow for an RE today subscription! If you have any info on that lesson - it would be appreciated!!!! Thanks! This is really nice having ideas offered back - I normally give them!!!

7. Anytime, will dig out a resource I have for hijab lesson. Plus good news... its back on!