1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Restructuring -is there any protection or can we just be walked all over?

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by Ratrace, Nov 18, 2011.

1. Ratrace

Ratrace New commenter

In common with a lot of people I imagine, I am being restructured "to make the organisation more efficient" etc etc. Surprise, surprise this will result in a "regrettable loss of salary although we do value you, you know etc " The part that seems outrageous to me is that I am to keep my present job, responsibilities etc and take on extra responsibilities that currently are done by a more senior member of staff (who is being retired). For this I will be given a whole 2 lessons a week. Are there any rules or guidelines to stop a head teacher who wants to force everyone to do more for less money or not? I am so incensed that, if there is a way I could secure a redundancy package, I would stuff my career and leave. Any advice from anyone would be appreciated.

2. If you have a TLR and are subject to restructuring then your pay is protected for 3 years (although in this time you can be asked to have other responsibiity for that money). We restructured last year and my post was absorbed into my HoDs in the restructure but I am still paid my TLR.

3. becktonboy

becktonboy New commenter

not your problem...