1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

restless legs

Discussion in 'Health and wellbeing' started by jonowen, Jan 25, 2012.

1. jonowen

jonowen Occasional commenter

The last 4 nights my husband's legs have been twitching after we've been settled for about 15mins and I think he may have retsless legs syndrome but I have no experience of this myself. He's not aware of this movement all the time but does admit to uncomfortable feeling legs.
    I don't usually panic but Goggled 5 mins ago and it mentioned Parkinsons; plus there is a history of MS in my family (I know that doesn't mean Mr.Jo is more at risk) but my mind is working overtime. Any words of advice?

2. jonowen

The last 4 nights my husband's legs have been twitching after we've been settled for about 15mins and I think he may have retsless legs syndrome but I have no experience of this myself. He's not aware of this movement all the time but does admit to uncomfortable feeling legs.
    I don't usually panic but Goggled 5 mins ago and it mentioned Parkinsons; plus there is a history of MS in my family (I know that doesn't mean Mr.Jo is more at risk) but my mind is working overtime. Any words of advice?

3. misspent

misspent New commenter

I have it, though only mildly, its horrible :-(
    Only thing that helps it is to make sure I get a walk in every day, if I don't I get it at night. I'm willing to accept this may be in my head!

4. Mr jot has it -he doesn't drink any caffeine after midday and excersises regularly - seems to do the trick!

5. jonowen

Update - it's my fault! Mr.Jo came out in an angry red rash 3 days after night 1 of restless legs. Turns out he was using my T-Tree and Mint shower gel (I think I'm addicted to the fresh smell) and it was too strong for him. Bless him tho', because it was in the en-suite and not the main bathroom, he thought I was trying to use it up before buying my next favourite stuff! I did wonder why it was reduced in Superdrug...................[​IMG]
    He enlightened me this weekend after I had searched every washing/laundry product for any nasties!!