1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Responding to your feedback on the new forum

Discussion in 'Welcome lounge and forum help' started by TES_Community, Aug 20, 2008.

1. TES_Community

TES_Community Administrator

Here are the issues we?ve heard so far:

• <li class="MsoNormal" style="MARGIN:0cm 0cm 0pt;mso-margin-top-alt:auto;mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto;mso-list:l0 level1 lfo1;tab-stops:list 36.0pt;">Difficulty of navigation between forums
      <li class="MsoNormal" style="MARGIN:0cm 0cm 0pt;mso-margin-top-alt:auto;mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto;mso-list:l0 level1 lfo1;tab-stops:list 36.0pt;">Too much scrolling up and down on threads
      <li class="MsoNormal" style="MARGIN:0cm 0cm 0pt;mso-margin-top-alt:auto;mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto;mso-list:l0 level1 lfo1;tab-stops:list 36.0pt;">Colour scheme makes it difficult to read the text
      <li class="MsoNormal" style="MARGIN:0cm 0cm 0pt;mso-margin-top-alt:auto;mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto;mso-list:l0 level1 lfo1;tab-stops:list 36.0pt;">Hotlist is not permanently open
      <li class="MsoNormal" style="MARGIN:0cm 0cm 0pt;mso-margin-top-alt:auto;mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto;mso-list:l0 level1 lfo1;tab-stops:list 36.0pt;">Reply button is not bold enough
      <li class="MsoNormal" style="MARGIN:0cm 0cm 0pt;mso-margin-top-alt:auto;mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto;mso-list:l0 level1 lfo1;tab-stops:list 36.0pt;">Want to know who starts a thread when viewing the list of thread titles
      <li class="MsoNormal" style="MARGIN:0cm 0cm 0pt;mso-margin-top-alt:auto;mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto;mso-list:l0 level1 lfo1;tab-stops:list 36.0pt;">Time zones are out for some users on their posts
      <li class="MsoNormal" style="MARGIN:0cm 0cm 0pt;mso-margin-top-alt:auto;mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto;mso-list:l0 level1 lfo1;tab-stops:list 36.0pt;">
      Gail Robinson
      Community producer

2. trinity0097

trinity0097 New commenter

I think that you are flawed in your new use of the word 'forum'.

To me a forum is somewhere like 'Primary' 'Secondary', 'Pay & Employment'etc... however you are now using the word Forum to mean messages/threads rather than a forum (e.g. adding a forum to the hotlist adds a thread not a whole forum.

I really really really miss the fact that I could have favourite forums (in the proper sense!) that I could see when new messages had been posted. Especially for less used forums like Governors etc. Otherwise I would have to troll through about 10 of my fav forums to look for new messages which would get a bit tedious the amount of time I tend to spend on here.

3. WillowFae

WillowFae New commenter

Gail, it is good that you say that you are going to be making changes based on our feedback. But the majority of the feedback I'm seeing covers the same issues that we raised in the beta period. So you knew people had problems with it and yet nothing was done.
    Can you possibly explain why the feedback we originally gave was not acted on before today's launch?

4. Can you tell me why it is no longer possible to remain logged in when you close the internet? On the previous site, I remained permanantly logged in, but on here, I have to log in before I can post a reply. A small thing, but inconvenient

5. trinity0097

trinity0097 New commenter

It keeps me logged in when I navigate away for things to do with forums, but if I try to read a new message it asks me to login, even if it knew it was me as it just let me post!

Nice that we can add whole forums to the hotlist thing, but I want to EASILY see how many UNREAD (by me!) posts are there at once glance, not by clicking loads of times!

6. tidal

tidal New commenter

https://community.tes.co.uk/forums/t/234286.aspx?PageIndex=1

Don't know if this wil work but if so.....

7. tidal

tidal New commenter

Yay me.....it worked

8. how can i view posts i have made?

9. God it is SO GLAREY and BRIGHT it really really hurts my eyes.. It is not monitor settings either!

are you up for being sued for damage to the eyes.......????? ( joking - but only half)

and I too am NOT impressed that you launched the site without dealing with known problems.

don't take your audience so much for granted.........