1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Resources that require contacting the seller for accompanying material

Discussion in 'Tes Authors' Group' started by gillrl, Mar 11, 2017.

1. gillrl

gillrl New commenter

Hi

I have purchased some excellent resources, however on a couple of occasions the seller has requested that they are messaged to send further supporting material, often essential to make the lessons work. I have tried to leave email addresses in reviews and in community posts, but I haven't had resources sent. This is extremely frustrating, especially as the resources have cost money. Is there a way to obtain a refund if the accompanying material is not sent within a given amount of time? I know this is harsh, but the products have not been fairly sold.

mrajlong likes this.
  2. marlin

marlin Star commenter

mathsmutt likes this.
  3. thinkypublishing

thinkypublishing Occasional commenter

If this isn't stated in the resource descriptions you should be able to get a refund on the basis they're not fit for purpose.

I doubt you'll get much help in the author's group as it can only be dealt with by TES and the specific author.

Hopefully TES will clamp down on this sort of thing.

mathsmutt likes this.
  4. gillrl

gillrl New commenter

Thanks for your reply. It did say to contact the author in the description as the resources do need the supporting materials. I will explore not fit for purpose though. How long is reasonable to wait for additional documents? I am not expecting instant contact, but 3 days, a week?

5. MissHallEnglish

MissHallEnglish Occasional commenter Forum guide and community helper

The other thing to consider is that we don't actually know who or which TES user has purchased an item. We only see that items have been sold. This however isn't your fault. This is something that perhaps the TES could look into?

It may be wise to contact the seller who you purchased the resources from on this occasion & I'm sure they'll send you what is missing. Perhaps if you use the 'conversation' function, they may see this rather than using the Community forums.
    I hope you get sorted quickly! :)

mathsmutt likes this.
  6. Krazikas

Krazikas Occasional commenter

contact help@tes and report the problem or use the report a problem on the resource page.

7. Krazikas

Unfortunately, there have been are a few unscrupulous people around who have been copying other authors' work and selling it on. This sounds a bit like one of them. I did see in a product description by one such 'author' saying that TES had informed her that she was not allowed to take someone else's work and then 'sell it on', if purchasers wanted more resources from her, they had to email her! The cheek and brazenness of some people is unbelievable.

8. Krazikas

It is not reasonable to have to wait at all for supporting products - they should have been included in the resource if they are essential for the lesson.

9. thinkypublishing

thinkypublishing Occasional commenter

I agree.

This shouldn't be permitted. I can't think of any justifiable reason for doing it.

10. gillrl

gillrl New commenter

Thanks for the comments - I agree that there are some unscrupulous people selling on resources. I still haven't heard from the original seller despite messaging via the feedback option on the site and directly through the conversation links. If all resources were included then this situation wouldn't arise.

mathsmutt and cate_h like this.
  11. gillrl

gillrl New commenter

I have tried using the conversation forum and leaving email address in the review section of the resource. This was now several days ago. It was my last resort to raise the issue in a forum! I haven't had any replies from the seller.

12. marlin

marlin Star commenter

Have you had any contact from anyone on the TES staff?

@TES Resource Team
    @tesAuthorTeam
    @TES_Natalie

@TES_Rosaline is there an email address that you can suggest for @gillrl to contact over this issue please?

mathsmutt likes this.
  13. MissHallEnglish

MissHallEnglish Occasional commenter Forum guide and community helper

There needs to be a dislike button. How frustrating for you.

I hope the TES team get in contact soon.

mathsmutt likes this.
  14. gillrl

gillrl New commenter

15. gillrl

gillrl New commenter

16. TES_Rosaline

TES_Rosaline Administrator Staff Member

Thank you @marlin for flagging up this thread.

Hello @gillrl,

I'll pass on the details of your post to the relevant teams. If anyone has a problem about any resource or their account please contact the Customer Services Team help@tes.com, in the first instance, so that a member of that team can look into the issue for you.

marlin likes this.
  17. marlin

marlin Star commenter

18. TES_Rosaline

TES_Rosaline Administrator Staff Member

marlin likes this.