1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Resources that I wish were out there!!!

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by Hartlepoolmonkey, Jun 29, 2012.

1. Hi there
    I'm wanting to spend some time to create some resources that I can share through the TES forum.

What types of resources would be useful to have?

Initially I'm thinking about putting together some videos to help with vocabulary and sentence construction.

Any other thoughts and ideas are greatly appreciated.

2. delnon

delnon Lead commenter

Despite the worst efforts of successive stalinist régimes, there is still a wide range of teachers with a wide range of teaching styles and needs.
    Anything you have successfully used yourself in the classroom is likely to find appreciative viewers.

3. noemie

noemie Occasional commenter

I was going to say exactly the same as delnon. Create things that are useful for your classes, and you'll probably find they are useful for others on here too.
    I generally only upload things that are non textbook-specific, so that teachers can use it even if they use a different textbook. I also only upload things that I'm proud of, either because I've spent time creating it or because it was a really inspired idea (ha!). As a consequence, I don't have a lot of resources uploaded but each one has a high rating and a lot of downloads. What's the point in yet another powerpoint with pictures of hair and eyes? Anyone can whip one up in a few minutes, and there are loads on here already.

4. Dodros

Dodros Star commenter

As a retired French and German teacher who has worked with both ends of the learner spectrum, from A-level students formerly to younger secondary school students with SEN latterly, I would say that the greatest need is at the two extremities of this spectrum which are ill-served by commercial courses. I have contributed to the TES resource base a number of resources targeting the SEN population in MFL and I have several units of a German course for learners with SEN on my website at
    http://www.specialeducationalneeds.com/mfl/
    which I wrote out of irritation with my school's commercial course. Irritation with the status quo can be a great impetus to the development of resources for neglected topics or populations of students! We need many more resources targeting both learning-disabled and gifted & talented students in an ability- and age-appropriate manner. Either create them or tag the ones that are already there with a seal of approval as to their suitability for SEN or G&T.

5. Thanks for your input! I agree with you all and have decided to create video resources to focus initially on improving literacy. I am planning to start with the alphabet and then basic vocabulary but maintain the spelling element so that not only do learners spell words accurately, they then learn how to say the words.
    I will post them as I make them. I am also going to stop using the pseudonym 'Hartlepoolmonkey' and instead will start using my own name.
    Thanks for your input
    Bryan