1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Resources That Are Links?

Discussion in 'Tes Authors' Group' started by JaquesJaquesLiverot, Oct 9, 2015.

1. JaquesJaquesLiverot

JaquesJaquesLiverot Established commenter

How is it possible to create a resource that is a link to a web-site?

I've created a number of interactive, web-based resources for Computing, and it used to be possible to add links as well files when creating a resource, but this no longer appears to be possible. I've tried to upload a URL or shortcut file, but that doesn't work either.

2. JaquesJaquesLiverot

There was a thread somewhere (which I'm now struggling to find) about some resources not having thumbnails, e.g. in the Shop, if they are of certain types, e.g. videos. One suggested solution was to add an additional resource that's an image.

When I tried to do that with my link-based resources, I notice that I can't actually add any additional resources to them as I get an error on the page, "child "type" fails because ["type" must be one of [file]]", but the resource type can't be selected. This doesn't happen if the existing resource is a file.

3. JaquesJaquesLiverot

Why has this been moved into the Sellers forum when it's not about selling?

4. languageisheartosay

languageisheartosay Occasional commenter

Presumably someone thinks you are selling the resource?
    I had trouble with one resource where I put a link in the main info paragraph but was told I could include a link in one of the other documents like Notes.

5. TheGingerTeacher

TheGingerTeacher Established commenter Forum guide and community helper

All the posts from the authors' forum were moved into the seller forum when they moved it. Seems a bit odd as the author forum is still there with new posts in it, just the old ones were merged into here.