1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Resources on TES

Discussion in 'Mathematics' started by mcs123, Jun 23, 2011.

1. I have followed TES for years now and have to admit the competition has enticed me to share my resources. But aside from promise of wonderful prizes, I wanted you to know I am uploading resources each day. Personally I think they are really user friendly and will be great to use in the classroom. These are all my own creation and I make them because like lots of people on here I enjoy teaching and thinking about how to best present maths. I also like things looking a certain way, in many ways, my brand. Enjoy!
    By the way, I would love to have some feedback and/or suggestions.

2. Nazard

Nazard New commenter

Hi mcs123,
    Thanks for posting your resources - good for you.
    I did - some impressive stuff here.
    Your PowerPoints are very slick and include lots of lovely ideas. The chief thing for me is how materials are used in lessons, but you have asked for feedback about the resources themselves, so the only thing I can do is pick up a couple of minor issues.
    On the Pythag PowerPoint you start with a picture of a scalene triangle and a right-angled triangle. Many people will infer from the slide that these are different, whereas all right-angled triangles are also either isosceles or scalene.
    The Algebraic proof stuff - love it!
    Expanding double brackets. The first statement on the first slide made me smile. You start off by asking "True or False: 5x^2 - x^2 = 5 ?" which is nice because it shows a common misconception and allows you to deal with it immediately. The thing I like here is that it is sometimes true ... Nice question!

3. Thanks for the feedback. I like the point about that a right-angled triangle is either isosceles or scalene. There's a good lesson in this, i.e. how we classify.
    Yes the true of false statement...I may alter this to say when can it be true. Or at least explain properly about simplifying to give 5.
    If you have time would you be able to post a review on one of the resources.
    Thanks