1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Resources Help!!

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by martani, Mar 16, 2011.

1. Dear Joe,

I've been looking for all the Asterix et Obelix fab resources that used to be available but they are gone!!! Can you re-direct me or could the original writers send them to me please? Thank you. I want to use the Asterix et Cleopatre film with my P7 class.

2. dalej

dalej New commenter

Where were they available? On the TES resource Bank?

3. Try searching though Google, adding 'TES' to your search query - it's usually quicker to find resources.

4. noemie

noemie Occasional commenter

If you get the email from tes there is a survey about mfl resources! Perfect opportunity to get your voice heard (I certainly did!)

5. sam enerve

sam enerve New commenter

finding stuff on TES is a bit of a nightmare. If you google search what you are looking for and add TES to the search, google finds it much quicker than TES does.

6. I so agree with the posts above.
    Now I find I have to try and second-guess what category whatever I am looking for has been assigned to.
    And even then it's not consistent.
    I found the old system much easier to navigate, and less time-consuming.

7. Merci! I found them indeed going onto Google! Though one still said " Page 404 error..."
    It used to be on TES resources bank but all I got is this message, (" Page 404 error...")
    I agree with you all, will look for the survey to pass on my comments!![​IMG]

8. Hi Noemi,
    Just to say: message received!
    I'm Product Manager for TES Resources - so not good to see you finding these kind of issues with search.
    To help us identify exactly what's going wrong here, it would be really helpful if you could give me some examples of keywords that give you poor search relevance. If it's all of them, it would still help to have a few examples.
    Meanwhile, I would just draw your attention to the links on the left hand side of the screen that appear after you done a keyword search... these should help you filter the search down (first by phase, then subject, then keystage, then resource type). Apologies if you're fully aware of this and it's still not working - but thought I'd mention it!
    I look forward to your feedback and apologies again for the poor search experience.
    Will

9. noemie

Hi,
    I didn't mean to sound rude or too demanding, it's just that it used to be so much simpler and I've really noticed the difference since the last change a few months ago.
    The last search I did was "clothes french" with the hope of finding a powerpoint, perhaps a reading activity or a clever idea to teach/review clothes to a Y9 class. In the French sections it gives you a KS3 link - the top ten links on there are: 1. minimum prep, maximum effectiveness activities, 2. treasure hunt, quiz on anything you like, 3. Afrique du sud 2010 worksheet, 4. noughts and crosses multi-topic powerpoint, 5. who wants to be a millionaire template, 6. les vacances le passé composé, 7. KS3 revision blockbuster, 8. world cup wordsearch, 9. template for picture blockbuster, 10. les vacances powerpoint. Absolutely nothing on that page about clothes. My other choices in the KS3 include German, Spanish and History. In KS4, same choices as earlier, then a German fashion and clothes which sounds promising (perhaps I'll be able to adapt it), alas it contains two resources only, one about the new format of the GCSE exam, the other on MfG abbreviations. No sub-option where clothes would naturally fit in - is it media and culture? education and work? personal info? Who decided on those categories and are they actually teachers, because I know that since I've uploaded new resources I've found it incredibly difficult to decide where to put them in. And then your search still seems to come up with the wrong language, subject or Key Stage.
    Anyway, rant over, I'll try some of the tips others have mentioned on here, but it's a shame that the "ain't broke, don't fix it" motto hasn't been followed this time...

10. noemie

Just noticed one more thing. It seems I'm no longer able to comment on my own resources, so if someone asks a question about it, I can no longer reply!
    (or in this case, if someone makes a snotty comment about the resource not being translated into English enough I could, in the olden days, tell them to p* off and start uploading stuff instead of criticizing - I no longer have the pleasure of doing so!).
    [​IMG]