1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Resources for reading corner

Discussion in 'Primary' started by rainbowdrop86, May 29, 2011.

1. rainbowdrop86

rainbowdrop86 New commenter

hi all, im moving to yr 2 in september and want to set up a reading corner. Want to make it really cosy. Does anyone have any ideas of resources to put in my reading corner, and where i can get them from quite cheap?
    im also considering a writing area, and a role play area, depending on the size room i get!!!! currently our yr2 has no areas of provision but our HT is keen to introduce some

2. rainbowdrop86

hi all, im moving to yr 2 in september and want to set up a reading corner. Want to make it really cosy. Does anyone have any ideas of resources to put in my reading corner, and where i can get them from quite cheap?
    im also considering a writing area, and a role play area, depending on the size room i get!!!! currently our yr2 has no areas of provision but our HT is keen to introduce some

3. cally1980

cally1980 Established commenter

I went to Ikea and bought some mats, big cushions and the big green leaf shade thing. Then I made a tree on the wall from sugar paper and cut out loads of leaves, the idea being that every time a child enjoys a book they can write it on a leaf and add it to the tree. I also stuck up some motivational posters and printed/laminated jungle animals so it is kind of like a reading jungle.

4. rainbowdrop86

can i ask a personal question? were u given a budget, or was it ur own money?