1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Resources for Faubourg 36 (A2 cultural topic)

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by rosaespanola, Aug 29, 2015.

1. rosaespanola

rosaespanola New commenter

My A2 class are studying Christophe Barratier as one of their cultural topics, looking at Les Choristes and Faubourg 36 - we did Les Choristes before the summer so we'll be moving on to Faubourg 36 in the new term. I can't find any resources for it anywhere online, so I'm wondering if anyone has anything they'd be able to pass on to me before I go and make a load of stuff myself. All help much appreciated!

2. steveglover

steveglover New commenter

The French version of the DVD contains a talk through by Barratier and a Making of which would give plenty of comprehension practice in comparing with Les choristes.

There is an eight paged gapped summary in ALF Choristes/Barratier materials. (my site)

If you've not caught it there's a Barratier podcast on Les Choristes in Secrets de Tournage; 10 years after type of thing. Let me know if you can't find it.

What I found a bit unsettling about Faubourg 36 was that it felt a bit like it was the prequel to Les choristes particularly the Gérard Jugnot character and Pépinot but that it takes place chronologically before that film and the protagonists are older than in the later film. With the musical themes going through both it was hard to shake off that feeling.

3. steveglover

steveglover New commenter

This is the code to buy film on amazon.co.uk B001NXO93C

4. rosaespanola

rosaespanola New commenter

We've already got the DVDs, but thanks for all of that info, I'll check out that podcast as I hadn't heard about that before.