1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Resources for Edexcel iGCSE Maths

Discussion in 'Mathematics' started by mysiu, Aug 10, 2020.

1. mysiu

mysiu New commenter

Hi,
    Last year we trialed iGCSE rather than GCSE (mainly due to being able to use a calculator and there only being two papers). We took the January paper and results were great, beating the previous summer series, and so I am very keen to make this our main entry.
    Whilst the vast majority of content is transferable, I am really interested in exploring if there is a favourite textbook or similar that teachers refer to. I am not looking for a class set of student textbooks as I want teachers to have the freedom to teach in their own way, but I do think it would be helpful to have a standard reference point that all teachers could refer to.
    Any recommendations/ advice greatly appreciated!!

2. Boardingmaster

Boardingmaster Occasional commenter

We have class sets of the hodder and cgp books. Of the two I prefer the number of questions in the CGP books. To be honest though I almost exclusively use the raynor higher GCSE book, even though it is written for regular GCSE as the questions are that much better (imo).

3. mysiu

mysiu New commenter

Thanks for your reply... yes, we too have the Raynors and I have already bought the CGP textbooks. I just wanted to make sure that I wasn't missing a key 'go to'.