1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Resources for A2 IT3

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by reddhedd, Jan 4, 2011.

1. reddhedd

reddhedd New commenter

Help! I am struggling highly to find any good resources or ideas for teaching topics of IT3.
    I have spent the last term working from the WJEC A2 Level Essential ICT book but I need to make my lessons more exciting, add more creativity etc.
    I have a class of only 5 year 13 students so trying to motivate them in a 2 hour ICT lesson is not always easy.
    Does anybody have any good links, lesson ideas or effective resources to make more creative learning?
    Thanks

2. reddhedd

reddhedd New commenter

Help! I am struggling highly to find any good resources or ideas for teaching topics of IT3.
    I have spent the last term working from the WJEC A2 Level Essential ICT book but I need to make my lessons more exciting, add more creativity etc.
    I have a class of only 5 year 13 students so trying to motivate them in a 2 hour ICT lesson is not always easy.
    Does anybody have any good links, lesson ideas or effective resources to make more creative learning?
    Thanks

3. BrianUK

BrianUK New commenter

Do you mean AQA INFO3?

4. djphillips1408

djphillips1408 New commenter

I have just finished creating a load of "chalkboard" style videos for the IT3 modules and they will be up on Teach ICT in the next few days/weeks. However they won't be free but there's well over 8 hours of material on there and I am pretty happy with it all. It's a bit more advanced in presentation to the stuff that I have created so far for the AS course in the resource bank on here (well it has pictures and tables rather than just my scribbles and narration), but I am sure you get the idea of what it's all about form the link below.
    https://www.tes.co.uk/teaching-resource/AS-ICT-and-quot-chalkboard-and-quot-videos-for-theory-6053079/
    I will post a link back on this thread when it is finally available, but confess once again that it is not a free product and accept the "don't you advertise your wares on here" criticism that I am sure some might feel. Still as far as I am aware there's not really anything else out there yet for the WJEC course.

5. djphillips1408

djphillips1408 New commenter

Oh yes forgot to mention it should be out as an iphone/ipad app too within a month, as rather fortunately I have a year 12 who is rather handy at that sort of thing....

6. Thank you for these videos. They are very good indeed and I will be certainly purchasing them for my school. I can see how these high-quality resources will raise standards and promote self-paced learning both in school and for homework.

7. reddhedd

reddhedd New commenter

Thanks for that, will definitely give them a go!