1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Resources for + 16

Discussion in 'Special educational needs' started by cristounette, Sep 12, 2015.

1. cristounette

cristounette New commenter

There are load of resources for younger years on TES resources and Amazon but very little for older students.+16

Is there a place where I can buy/look for resources /worksheets for that age range? I have looked into Barry Carpenter website, but there is lots of books about topics, not real activities/worksheets/resources to use during the lessons.

2. dzil

dzil Occasional commenter

I do understand your frustration Cristounette. There are some resources out there, but not many. You tend to have to make your own and adapt things. Each class and group are so different with different needs and abilities it's not viable to make and sell "generic" worksheets and lesson plans.

Have you looked at Priory Woods School web site? Pete Wells sensory stories? Jo Grace's site? The whiteboard room? The few resources I posted in the resource bank based on Keith Park and Nicola Gove's "Odyssey NOW" and "Romeo and Juliet" from Bag Books - I use them with older age groups. All of these have ideas and resources that you can incorporate into your schemes of work and lesson plans to use with your class.