1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Resources breaching copyright.

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by sam enerve, Mar 23, 2018.

1. sam enerve

sam enerve New commenter

I've noticed recently that more and more (paid) resources on TES contain materials which have been taken without permission from other places. These include: pictures of well known actors, cartoon characters, and even screenshots of text books!

All of us have used images in our teaching in our classrooms but uploading them to, or selling them on, TES and claiming to be the author could get you into a lot of trouble.

Come on people.

You're better than that!I

(Yes, I know I have a Sesame Street avatar!)

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  2. parkert

parkert New commenter

hear hear!

agathamorse likes this.
  3. sam enerve

sam enerve New commenter

I have a real bee in my bonnet about this and I have started reporting users for passing off other people's resources as their own and trying to sell them on here.

The number of resources I've found which contain screenshots of the Pearson French and Spanish GCSE textbooks is quite astounding.

Quite simply, it's theft.

Unless, of course, you follow the teaching of Proudhon and even his work is copyrighted...