1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Resource packs per child?

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by PRHPxo, Jul 24, 2015.

1. PRHPxo

PRHPxo New commenter

I will be an NQT in Reception this September, so looking for some advice! I have thought about creating a resource pack for each child to use which will contain resources they need to help them (i.e. number lines, 100 square, targets) for the children to keep in their drawers.

I thought this would help them develop their independence as I know this is common for children older in the school. Is this a good idea? Or would it be recommended to keep the resources in their place for the children to access?

Thanks in advance! :)

2. Msz

Msz Established commenter

Keep them centrally as part of continuous provision

3. Kartoshka

Kartoshka Established commenter

I would say this would be more suitable for Year 1 upwards. Reception children are expected to be working with numbers to 20, so most will not need a 100 square, and number lines are also quite abstract. No harm in having some, of course, but not necessary for the majority of children.