1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Resource of books and subject links

Discussion in 'Primary' started by MayBees, Jan 4, 2011.

1. MayBees

MayBees New commenter

Hi. Long time lurker, first time poster ; )

I was wondering if you knew of anywhere that has a list of children's books and ideas on how to use them in the curriculum? For example, Baa for Beginners by Deborah Fajerman has a different font for each 'baa' to convey the meaning, such as written in a shaky font to show scared (there must be a word for this, like onomatopoeia but by how the word looks on the page...). Anyway, do you know of a website that has something like this? I want to get more books and reading into the class schedule, and thought this would be a good way.

Thanks in advance

MayBees

2. MayBees

MayBees New commenter

Hi. Long time lurker, first time poster ; )

I was wondering if you knew of anywhere that has a list of children's books and ideas on how to use them in the curriculum? For example, Baa for Beginners by Deborah Fajerman has a different font for each 'baa' to convey the meaning, such as written in a shaky font to show scared (there must be a word for this, like onomatopoeia but by how the word looks on the page...). Anyway, do you know of a website that has something like this? I want to get more books and reading into the class schedule, and thought this would be a good way.

Thanks in advance

MayBees