1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Resource Downloads - Important - Question for TES

Discussion in 'TES Authors' Group' started by Elsie99, May 3, 2018.

1. Elsie99

Elsie99 New commenter

Every time I view my resources, they download instantly as a zip file.
    Sales have stopped!!!

2. elder_cat

elder_cat Established commenter

Not sure what's going on there, but rather than actually viewing your resources, if you just want to check how many have sold, could you not just view the Author's Dashboard rather than the resources themselves?

3. Elsie99

Elsie99 New commenter

I was just viewing one to check it looked Ok and it downloaded.
    So I checked a few more and they all just download as soon as I view them.
    The dashboard doesn't change.
    It wasn't doing that before.

4. elder_cat

Seems odd, and doesn't happen for me. The option to download only activates when the download icon turns blue if I mouse over the Other box shown at the side when viewing the resource.

Something not quite right there, hopefully the TES folks can sort it for you. It may help if in the meantime if you could do some screenshots, as that may help them narrow down the offending item?

Best of luck, hope it's sorted for you soon.

ss_2.png

5. Elsie99

Elsie99 New commenter

Thank you for your help.
    I tried viewing my resources as a guest and they don't download, so that is good.
    But I am still downloading automatically every time I view my own things.
    They are now showing up as downloads on the dashboard, but the purchases and balance don't change.

6. elder_cat

Just a thought, but could it be to do with the settings in your Browser? For example, I have mine set up to open PDF files using Document Viewer:

scs_1.png

scs_2.png

So when I click on a link in my browser, the pdf gets opened up in Document Viewer.

The blue Download icon in the main toolbar of my browser shows it as a download in progress.

scs_4.png

But the document isn't actually downloaded, so it doesn't show up in my Documents folder.

Attached Files:

7. labellaroma

labellaroma Occasional commenter

I also have noticed a problem when trying to view my resources on my ipad. After briefly seeing the resource you are taken to a zip file, which say download but when you click on download nothing happens!!

8. labellaroma

I forgot to add that this problem was first notice yesterday evening (3 May 2018).

9. cliftonc

cliftonc Administrator

@Elsie99 what browser are you using?

We do have very different behaviour when an author is viewing their own paid resource (e.g. you can download it without paying and this does incremental the download numbers - same as if it is viewed by Tes staff or a purchaser downloads it more than once).

It definitely shouldn't trigger a download automatically, that is very strange and we will see if we can recreate.

10. cliftonc

cliftonc Administrator

This should now be fixed - let us know if you still have the issue.

11. Elsie99

Elsie99 New commenter

Yes, this is now fixed.
    Thank you!!!

12. labellaroma

All is well and working fine. Thank you.

13. TES_Rosaline

TES_Rosaline Administrator Staff Member