1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Resource Base

Discussion in 'Secondary' started by dco7785, Nov 30, 2011.

1. dco7785

dco7785 New commenter

Hi

I have only been teaching for two years now, and I witnessed the budget constraints for departments because of the cut backs and the increasing workload means we do not have as much time to be creative with our resources.

I had the idea of starting my own business, a resource base - the aim to work closely with schools and departments to create resources such as worksheets, presentations, tracking spreadsheets and databases for these schools at a cost.

The advantage with this is there is not much pressure on them to be proactive in finding these resources like you can on TES and plus they could get resources that suit their teaching styles.

I could utilise my ICT skills (Being an ICT teacher) to create tracking sheets for particular departments.

I have thought about this for a while but I always think that schools will not find the time to collaborate on this, and the budgets are that tight - they would not want to spend money on resources.

I thought I would send a feeler on here, do you think its a good idea? Is their scope for it? Would it work?

Your honest opinions would be greatly appreciated!

2. dco7785

dco7785 New commenter

Hi

I have only been teaching for two years now, and I witnessed the budget constraints for departments because of the cut backs and the increasing workload means we do not have as much time to be creative with our resources.

I had the idea of starting my own business, a resource base - the aim to work closely with schools and departments to create resources such as worksheets, presentations, tracking spreadsheets and databases for these schools at a cost.

The advantage with this is there is not much pressure on them to be proactive in finding these resources like you can on TES and plus they could get resources that suit their teaching styles.

I could utilise my ICT skills (Being an ICT teacher) to create tracking sheets for particular departments.

I have thought about this for a while but I always think that schools will not find the time to collaborate on this, and the budgets are that tight - they would not want to spend money on resources.

I thought I would send a feeler on here, do you think its a good idea? Is their scope for it? Would it work?

Your honest opinions would be greatly appreciated!