1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Resit Opportunity in Nov 2013

Discussion in 'Mathematics' started by pencho, Jan 24, 2012.

1. pencho

pencho New commenter

It appears the resit opportunity for modular maths is still available in Nov 2013. I originally thought that the Nov 2013 sitting was going to be 100% linear, but it appears Maths and English can still follow the 40% rule. Good news I feel, particulaly for Y12 who just missed a C by a couple marks on the last module.
    Apologies if everyone was aware of this.

2. pencho

pencho New commenter

It appears the resit opportunity for modular maths is still available in Nov 2013. I originally thought that the Nov 2013 sitting was going to be 100% linear, but it appears Maths and English can still follow the 40% rule. Good news I feel, particulaly for Y12 who just missed a C by a couple marks on the last module.
    Apologies if everyone was aware of this.

3. Please could you tell me the source of this information - if it is official it could be useful as current year 9 could follow modular for early entry.
    bb

4. pencho

pencho New commenter

Hi Bob
    It was an email from AQA today that sparked it and then I found this 'tucked away' on the AQA website.
    http://www.ofqual.gov.uk/help-and-support/94-articles/839-timeline-for-the-introduction-of-changes-to-gcses
    If you look at the Nov 2013 session, there is a * next to it.
    *Where the opportunity to enter individual units remains, the requirement for 40% terminal assessment must continue to be met.
    AQA seem to be offering this opportunity, so imagine Edexcel and OCR will just follow suit if they haven't already communicated it.
    Unless I am ready this wrong.

5. Molesworth2

Molesworth2 New commenter

6. Flomp

Flomp New commenter

In response to post 3:
    This is confusing because Ofqual state:
    Students who sit their GCSEs in summer 2013 (and who may have entered for one or more units in previous series) and who subsequently wish to re-sit will need to re-take the qualification in a linear way. They will have to sit all the external assessments (examination papers) at the same sitting. They will, however, be able to carry forward their result(s) from any controlled assessment unit(s).