1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Resigning

Discussion in 'Workplace dilemmas' started by fabadababa, Feb 24, 2019.

1. fabadababa

fabadababa New commenter

Thanks everyone - all these positive messages really help!
    Well, I did it...I handed in my notice and I'm off at Easter. I know that I'm doing the right thing, there's no doubt in my mind at all. I'm scared of not getting another job within the next couple of months but I really believe that things will work out for me.
    I've applied for a couple of HE jobs, a FE job and a Civil Service job. All different roles but all using the skills I already have as well as being linked to interests I have. So, fingers crossed.
    Thanks again and I hope this gives others in a similar position a bit of hope too. I'll keep you updated.

2. lynneseptember

lynneseptember Senior commenter

Best of luck @fabadababa. Let us know how you get on - I’m sure something will come along soon.

jlishman2158 and agathamorse like this.
  3. tenpast7

tenpast7 Occasional commenter

When is this ridiculous situation going to end?
    Pupils misbehaving are not always due to the Teacher !!

agathamorse and jlishman2158 like this.
  4. WTDT

WTDT New commenter

@fabadababa congrats on making the move - I know that when I did it was incredibly liberating. I still work with schools but in a different capacity; one where I control my day, go to the loo when I want and don't work on weekends!

I've also started up a project helping teachers who are looking for a new career, or a better job in education - please feel free to PM me if I can be of any help.

jlishman2158 likes this.
  5. Shedman

Shedman Star commenter

I totally agree but is anyone listening?

6. Shedman

Shedman Star commenter

Yes, good luck again. The job application machine seems to be going full pelt. You're doing everything you can to make life better for yourself and your family so stick with it and keep positive.