1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Resigning without a job to go to.

Discussion in 'Personal' started by big pointy stick, May 6, 2008.

1. I'm sorry - I was only responding to ******* daft claims about sound referencing. I didn't realise she had divulged stuff about Lil earlier in the thread.

2. I didnt mention any links. I think tyou must have me coinfused with someone else on that. I said I had not realised how old this thread is. I said I thought it was newer than it is. I also said I had looked for a similar thread I thought was here, but was wrong, because when I looked it was not here - so this one must be it.

3. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

To be fair Mandala she hasn't given direct information about Lilac. She has talked about how she knows her though. Given that people seem to know a lot about ******* I didn't feel that was appropriate.

4. bombaysapphire

You've said things that made me concerned enough to post. I'm not going to quote them. Keeping other people's privacy is more important to me that winning an argument.
    If you can't see that ok. I just wanted to make you aware of it in the hope it would prevent it happening any more.

5. I have done all I can to say very little about lilac even though some nosey people here kept pushing.

6. wordsworth

wordsworth Senior commenter

i really think ******* was only trying to help. I hope you are ok, lilac

7. harsh-but-fair

harsh-but-fair Lead commenter

popcorn anyone?

8. wordsworth

poor old *******, she really doesnt mean any harm

9. I asked if you knew her professionally,nothing else! I also said I know her personally so why would I want to know more from you? You are offering to write a reference to make ammends for past fall outs, not through the generosity of your fantastic interpersonal skills!
    Because I have a view on something, then that makes me vain, or self-opinionated??? Get a grip! I think what you are offering to do is wrong, why is that a personal reflection on you? I said in several posts that I had no beef with you but you are yet another reason why I post very rarely.... a grown up who cannot have someone hold another opinion without it turning into a personal reflection. You making a personal remark about me has completely lowered yourself in my, and probably several others eyes....!

10. bombaysapphire

As was I! Probably the best thing for everyone now would be to let this thread drop. With all this oopsing though it'll probably take days to get off the front page.

11. wordsworth

Yes, butyou have a life, bomb

12. bombaysapphire

While I appreciate the compliment Wordy you just upped the bl88dy thread again!
    (she says upping the thread again....)
    My name is bombaysapphire and I end up addicted to posting when I shouldn't. It has been a nanosecond since my last post. I am going to try and avoid posting on here again even if my fingers start to itch!

13. wordsworth

ah posting on here is ok. anyway how are you mate?

14. bombaysapphire

God - I have no self resolve. Still there are worse addictions!
    Bit of a dodgy stomach virus today [​IMG] Too late now though - I've accepted it!
    How are things with you?

15. wordsworth

things are ok mate, i'm happy enough. good luck to you xxx

16. couldn't agree more - if it's killing ya to get in there then go. If you can teach again and get a job then ace, but what is the problem with adjusting your lifestyle and wage expectations and do something else like pour beers in a pub or pack bags at Tesco. Yes, financial committments etc are difficult but doable if you are determined to change your life.

Old thread yes but still relevant obviously to lots of people!

17. If you have considered resigning then you have a reason for this. What you know need to work out is whether this reason is temporary, such as difficult classes, personal problems etc or whether this is permanent as difficulty is dealing with paper work, unhappy working ethos etc.
    Once you have established this you can make an informed choice. Classes change every year in primary. Mine this year have been fab; pervious ones have nearly pushed me over the edge and I would have rather worked in Tescos.
    However, jobs in my LEA are impossible to find. Last one I looked at had attracted over 150 applications. However jobs in my school attract as few as 6 !.
    Is it the teaching profession you want to leave or the place you work.
    What ever the reason, life is too short to spend it working in somewhere that makes you so unhappy.

18. Funnily enough after 15 years in my present post, I've just done it. Top of UPS, so toooo expensive for most jobs, two kids at uni and still got a mortgage. Keen to keep working in education and all sorts of people offering me interesting (if slightly less well paid) work.

Second time I've done it, last time I was a bank manager, but sanity and self-respect are everything

19. Resigned at Easter with stress...after teaching for over 30 year! No regrets just enjoying the break over the summer and then I will consider some supply. Was making myself ill and I was no good to anyone dead! My daughter has just had a baby and I am enjoying seeing them whenever I can rather than at weekends after the pile of marking is done!!

20. harsh-but-fair

harsh-but-fair Lead commenter

welcome to TES, anne