1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

resignation

Discussion in 'Primary' started by littlest4r, Oct 27, 2011.

1. ...why are you thinking of doing that??

2. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Nope! Don't have another job to go to, so it would be career suicide in my situation!

3. Milgod

Milgod Established commenter

I, like many teachers, wouldn't be able to take the risk of not getting work.

Why are you thinking of quiting?

4. Hoping2012

Hoping2012 New commenter

Lara mfl 05 i am getting a bit tired of you replying my my posts with a negative view, in fact u r not replyin to it at all, what u write is of no help to me at all. You seem to be wasting your time, exactly how beneficial is it for u 2 ask why post the question???. If u have nothing valid to write then don't reply 2 my posts

5. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

I think people are a bit intrigued why you are posting. You have already been on the supply forum and were advised that you can do what you want to do but supply is very very difficult at the moment. Then you come on here - I think people are just wondering what the reason is for posting.

6. With all respect, how exactly is Lara supposed to offer you any help when you don't give us any information? Maybe if you explained your situation a little better as to why exactly you want to resign/what you hope to achieve, people might come up with more helpful answers! Quoting you here: Exactly how beneficial is it for you to post a question if you don't give us enough info to reply/help? If you have nothing valid to write, don't post questions!

7. Hoping2012

Hoping2012 New commenter

EXCUSE ME WHEN I AM EXPLANING MY SITAUTION I GET ATTACKED AND PPL SAVING IT ON THEIR HOTLIST TO HAVE A LAUGH.
    SECONDLY WHY IS IT SO IMPORTANT FOR PPL TO KNOW WHY I AM WRITING ON THE FORUM SURELY YOUR FOCUS SHOULD BE ON PROVIDING ADVICE AND IF U HAVE DONE SO AND HAVE NOTHING MORE TO SAY THEN U DON'T NEED TO WRITE OR REPLY TO THE POST.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

You have only said you want to leave to "pursue stuff related to education". You've had plenty of advice about some opportunities in that area - but on this thread you've only said "Are you resigning?".
    The supply thread / unemployed thread is probably the best thread to go on because that's where you'll find people in similar situations. However - many people on that thread are looking for full time work and are on JSA so will not be that sympathetic to a person quitting a full time job.
    Like I said on the other thread - I have quit a perfectly good full time job. Before it killed me.

9. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Apologies if I've come over a bit negative - must be a combination of lack of work & some personal circumstances which are dragging me down, in which case please accept my apologies.
    I genuinely want you to understand the difficulties of leaving a f/tpost for the vagaries of supply.As people know I've been in supply a long time and it definitely is getting more difficult and i want you to go into it with your eyes open.
    However if you're genuinely unhappy you must look after yourself first and foremost and do what is best for you,
    I wish you well whatever you decide to do.

10. Hoping2012

Hoping2012 New commenter

thanks Robyn, soon we will be in the same boat of doing supply work - i think another reason is to get away from all the paper work and endless meetings.

11. Wow, I'm sorry. I haven't read your other post, so I genuinely have no idea why you wish to resign or anything at all about your circumstances. My reply wasn't a personal attack, I'm just saying that I don't know why you want to resign, so I can't offer any advice. If you said why, I would gladly try to offer advice or help in some way. Sorry if it came across differently. I really hope it all goes well anyway in whatever your circumstances are, sorry I couldn't help.

12. Hoping2012

Hoping2012 New commenter

at this moment in time supply as well as working within education eg tutoring is what i would like to do, getting away from the paper work and endless meetings and the tiredness and getting a life back but also working at the same time without the STRESS

13. Hoping2012

Hoping2012 New commenter

littlest4r, one reason, not feeling too well, getting tired very easily. Seconly want to get away from the paper work and endless meetings. i would rather teach and be happy doing that with supply or tutoring, etc... than be stressed in a FT job

14. Oh right, yeah I can understand that. You go into teaching to actually teach, and make a difference, but you end up underneath a paper mountain :( sometimes it feels like I have two jobs. One as a teacher, the other in admin! How about looking for cover supervisor jobs? Then you'd still get to know the children as you'd be teaching them on a weekly basis, but you wouldn't have half as much paperwork :)

15. Like PPA cover jobs I mean :)