1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Resignation & pay query

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by lfishwick, Mar 3, 2011.

1. Hi

I have been injured at work and been on sick for 3 months - I decided to hand my notice in as it is clear I am not going to be fit enough to return to my job in the next couple of months and HR refused to allow me to return on admin/light duties ( despite it being advised by Occy Health).

So I have handed in my notice and it will end at the end of the Easter holidays. Does anyone know when my final pay cheque will be - I have been working for the council for so long now I can't remember how we get paid - as I remember querying my wages a few times and getting told that the payslip wasn't for the month just passed but a month before - but not sure if I am remembering correctly. So for example if we work Feb and do we get paid for the month of Feb at the end of Feb or we work Feb and get paid at the end of March?

I need to try and figure out my income from here..

2. Hi

I have been injured at work and been on sick for 3 months - I decided to hand my notice in as it is clear I am not going to be fit enough to return to my job in the next couple of months and HR refused to allow me to return on admin/light duties ( despite it being advised by Occy Health).

So I have handed in my notice and it will end at the end of the Easter holidays. Does anyone know when my final pay cheque will be - I have been working for the council for so long now I can't remember how we get paid - as I remember querying my wages a few times and getting told that the payslip wasn't for the month just passed but a month before - but not sure if I am remembering correctly. So for example if we work Feb and do we get paid for the month of Feb at the end of Feb or we work Feb and get paid at the end of March?

I need to try and figure out my income from here..

3. DaisysLot

DaisysLot Senior commenter

Sorry to hear you have felt you need to resign - A tough time I am sure. Your last pay will be at the end of April.

4. Thank you