1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Resignation letter - with a reason?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by this_is_shaz, Jan 13, 2011.

1. Hi,
    i started my new job in January, but hate working at the school because the headteaher is bullying me.
    I want to hand in my resignation in soon, just want to know, do i have to write a reason?

2. Hi,
    i started my new job in January, but hate working at the school because the headteaher is bullying me.
    I want to hand in my resignation in soon, just want to know, do i have to write a reason?

3. Just to be clear did you start this term?

4. nomad

nomad Star commenter

No, you do not.
    On the basis that you actually ARE being bullied by the headteacher and are determined to leave, may I suggest that you address your letter to the Chair of Governors with a request that you are given an exit interview by the Chair or another governor (perhaps Chair of Personnel) at some time during your last week in the school.
    This way you can keep the details confidential until you actually go, but will still have an opportunity to explain your reasons before departure.
    In the mean time, remember that you do not have to leave and, with support from your union, can tackle the bullying issue.

5. No. But be prepared for someone to ask why.
    If you are being bullied, have you considered seeking union advice and support?

6. So a headteacher has hired you recently and is already bullying you? Are you absolutely sure this is the case?

7. nomad

nomad Star commenter

Well, it did occur to me too. Hence the caveat in my post above. To be honest, I suspect not. But then, there is no accounting for individual situations.

8. taj

taj

I really think you should leave it a bit longer and talk to your union before you make any hasty decisions. If you only started in January you have been at the school less than 3 weeks.