1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Resignation Deadlines

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by Weezy18, May 18, 2011.

1. Weezy18

Weezy18 New commenter

If you have an interview on the last day of term and you don't find out you have the job until after school has closed that day how do you go about getting your resignation in to your current head? - seeing as Monday 30th is a bank holiday and Tuesday 31st is the deadline. Can you just tell them and email a copy of the resignation letter?
    Thanks.

2. Weezy18

Weezy18 New commenter

If you have an interview on the last day of term and you don't find out you have the job until after school has closed that day how do you go about getting your resignation in to your current head? - seeing as Monday 30th is a bank holiday and Tuesday 31st is the deadline. Can you just tell them and email a copy of the resignation letter?
    Thanks.

3. DaisysLot

DaisysLot Senior commenter

You date your letter and deliver accordingly. The fact no one may be there to open it until after the vacation is irrelevant - Plus I am sure the head will be lurking about to check what resignation letters arrive before the end of the month.

4. I'm in this situation too, could I take the letter in on the Tues 31st?

5. Weezy18

Weezy18 New commenter

Thanks - I'm on maternity leave still and we have a new head who I've only met twice. I've left a message at school for her to ring me as I want to tell her I have an interview but she hasn't returned my call yet (didn't want to tell the secretary as I think it should come from me).
    Thanks again for the advice.

6. jubilee

jubilee Star commenter

Yes.