1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Resignation deadline looming!

Discussion in 'Headteachers' started by thejudgesscoresarein, May 16, 2019 at 1:23 PM.

1. thejudgesscoresarein

thejudgesscoresarein Occasional commenter

With the resignation deadline looming to leave at the end of the summer term- have any of you managed to fill all your vacancies yet?

At my school this year, I’ve had 7 resignations (Deputy Headteacher, 3 x class teachers, SEN Manager and 2 x Teaching Assistants)

I’ve promoted one of my AHT’s to the Deputy role and recruited a new Assistant Head. I’ve also recruited 3 new teachers and 2 new TA’s but I’m struggling to recruit an SEN Manager- No-one at the school is qualified to do the role and the applicants received for the role do not meet the required criteria- anyone else had issues recruiting for an SEN Manager?

Thanks

2. Sundaytrekker

Sundaytrekker Star commenter

SEN manager? Why not call them the Senco? Depending on the school size it could be a part time non teaching role which would suit some teachers. They don’t have to have the Senco qualification on appointment just the willingness to learn and undergo this within three years. You might still find people with pre2009 Senco experience who don’t need the new qualification.

digoryvenn likes this.