1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Resignation date

Discussion in 'Primary' started by celago22, Feb 17, 2019.

1. celago22

celago22 Occasional commenter

Hello,

I know I have posted about this before but stressing about it now.

My school's Easter hols finish on Tues 23rd April.

If I was to hand in my notice on 25h February, would this be giving sufficient notice to leave at Easter? My contract states I must give two months' notice, but would the two days make a difference? I know on some sites it says to have 30th April as the resignation date but this would mean I would be bound to work at my current school until that date so may miss the first week of Summer term at my new school.

I would be really grateful if somebody could clarify the dates, thank you:

2. caterpillartobutterfly

caterpillartobutterfly Star commenter

If your contract says 2 months notice, and you know you will leave, why wait until 25th to hand your resignation in?
    Why not do so tomorrow and prevent any problems?

Stiltskin likes this.
  3. Stiltskin

Stiltskin Lead commenter

It sounds like you are not on stpc contract. If it says two months then technically it'll be 25th April if you hand it in on 25th February. You could ask the head to make it the 23rd but it'd be simpler to hand your notice in on or before the 23rd if you can.

Edit you can email it in

4. celago22

celago22 Occasional commenter

Thank you for the replies, the answer is very clear now! I am on half term, can I still send my resignation in? We don't go back until 25th Feb.

5. Stiltskin

Stiltskin Lead commenter

Yes. If you are able to it would be worth giving your ht a heads up first

6. caterpillartobutterfly

caterpillartobutterfly Star commenter

Yes, just email it and request a read receipt.