1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Resignation/application procedure

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by TheoGriff, Jan 6, 2012.

1. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Well, no!
    You won't actually get a job - or even an interview - without your current school knowing, as the govt says schools should contact your current school before interview.
    And it is terribly bad form for your Head to learn that you are thinking of moving from a reference request plonking down in his/her desk.
    So you must go and see the Head the very day that you put in an application elsewhere.
    Since there is no agenda behind your job search (Can't bear the school! Hate my HoD! The SLT are all useless!), there's no reason why you should not tell also the HoD. This would be only courteous. But you wouldn't wisht he children to know until the last moment, so do keep that quiet there.
    Make sure that you follow all the advice - which I recently put here:
    Dear Theo I need help!
    Best wishes
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    www.tes.co.uk/careerseminars