1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Residential trip to Spain

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by ven_dredi, Feb 7, 2012.

1. Hi- can anyone recommend a good trip provider for Spain? For our French trips we use PGL, but they don't appear to have a site in Spain. I am thinking probably Barcelona. Thanks in advance.

2. Hi- can anyone recommend a good trip provider for Spain? For our French trips we use PGL, but they don't appear to have a site in Spain. I am thinking probably Barcelona. Thanks in advance.

3. ambi

ambi New commenter

You could try NST. We have just booked to go to Cantabria with them in October on the recommendation of another school.

4. whilst barcelona is a fantastic city with lots to do there, there are several downsides
    It's very expensive
    las ramblas is the pick-pocket capital of europe
    and Catalan is everywhere to the point that we've no decided that it's almost pointless us taking out students there

5. derekdalek

derekdalek New commenter

I agree. I looked at a trip to Rosas and even checked out the accomodation on offer when I was holidaying nearby and it wasnt suitable. Too much Catalan signage which would confuse our students.

6. Thank you for the responses. Very helpful! We probably need to rethink.

7. castellano7

castellano7 New commenter

The school where I did one of my PGCE placements runs a trip to this place, 'Spanish Star'. It's near Barcelona so you would have to bear in mind the issues already mentioned, but the teachers who organised the trip spoke very highly of it:
    http://www.spanishstar.org/

8. Thank you again. It looks promising.

9. I would agree with ambi. Cantabria is a good choice. We did a lovely trip where we stayed in Santander.There are loads of places to visit nearby, the beaches are great and they speak castilian.
    We used a school travel company, but I can't rememeber which one. If you fancied organising it yourself there is a ferry to Santander or you can fly with one of the low cost airlines. We went by coah.