1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

research project

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by toobusybee, Feb 2, 2011.

1. I am trying to get some feedback in to whether teachers and parents think there is a correlation between poor handwriting and dyslexia or whether there is no correlation and all children just progress at different rates regardless. I will carry out interviews and questionaires but wondered if i could gain similar information by placing my question on a forum.
    thankyou

2. littlemissraw

littlemissraw Occasional commenter

I'm dyslexic and am always told I have lovely handwriting. I don't think its related (or at least it isn't in the children and adults I have known who are dyslexic, apart from the one who was also dyspraxic) x

3. After discussing my project title with my lecturer a came to the conclusion that it was too specific and i could not gather a sufficient amount of research from it. My new title is... To what extent does dyslexia effect a childs progress throughout school? I have decided that i will break it down in to three sections
    <ol>[*]emotionally[*]educationally[*]socially </ol>Any feedback anyone can offer would be appreciated as this is a brand new subject to me so i am starting from scratch.
    Thankyou

4. Dyslexia has a major impact on every aspect of a childs learning. It not only effects their academic ability but also their social environment and knocks their confidence.[​IMG]

5. As a dyslexic teacher who now supports pupils with dyslexia I don't mind filling out one of your questionnaires when you have them ready.

6. That would be really helpful Fletch107 would it possible to have your email address so i can email you the questionaire when its ready.
    thankyou for your help