1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Research on the inclusion of ESOL learners on full-time vocational courses

Discussion in 'Further Education' started by samsam1976, Feb 25, 2011.

1. I am currently carrying out research on the inclusion of ESOL learners on full-time vocational courses in Further Education and would appreciate feedback on this.
    The main focus of the study is the barriers which the ESOL learners experience on vocational courses and how teachers/learners overcome these.
    An example we have within our organisation is a Level 1 course which has both English and ESOL students enrolled on it. However, many of the ESOL learners already have a good academic level, it is just the langauge ability that is holding them back.
    I would appreciate other peoples feedback/views on their experiences and ways in which they overcome this mis-match in academic ability, in addition to any other barriers, to provide an inclusive enviroment for the whole group.

2. I am currently carrying out research on the inclusion of ESOL learners on full-time vocational courses in Further Education and would appreciate feedback on this.
    The main focus of the study is the barriers which the ESOL learners experience on vocational courses and how teachers/learners overcome these.
    An example we have within our organisation is a Level 1 course which has both English and ESOL students enrolled on it. However, many of the ESOL learners already have a good academic level, it is just the langauge ability that is holding them back.
    I would appreciate other peoples feedback/views on their experiences and ways in which they overcome this mis-match in academic ability, in addition to any other barriers, to provide an inclusive enviroment for the whole group.