1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Research into role play for EAL pupils!!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by aridion, Dec 22, 2011.

1. aridion

aridion New commenter

I am currently doing a PGCE primary in the North of England.. Over the christmas break we have to complete our local/national, literacy review and methodology part of our research project.

I would love to link my topic (role play and how it develops language for EAL pupils) to some of the latest national documents. I know of the White Paper (The importance of Teaching) and Every Child Matters. Are there any more that would be a help or that are important to include?

I am also searching for good pieces of literature that looks at this area. Any ideas?

Thanks in Advance.

PS. I was also thinking about adding SEN pupils to my study. However I think that it may be too broad and maybe better to just focus on EAL.

Aridion.

2. aridion

aridion New commenter

I am currently doing a PGCE primary in the North of England.. Over the christmas break we have to complete our local/national, literacy review and methodology part of our research project.

I would love to link my topic (role play and how it develops language for EAL pupils) to some of the latest national documents. I know of the White Paper (The importance of Teaching) and Every Child Matters. Are there any more that would be a help or that are important to include?

I am also searching for good pieces of literature that looks at this area. Any ideas?

Thanks in Advance.

PS. I was also thinking about adding SEN pupils to my study. However I think that it may be too broad and maybe better to just focus on EAL.

Aridion.

3. NQT08

NQT08 New commenter

I would look in to 'talk for writing' and Excellence and Enjoyment: learning and teaching for bilingual children in the primary years.

4. aridion

aridion New commenter

Thank you for the help NQT. I will check those out.