1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Research Educational Practice

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by steph-knee, Apr 3, 2012.

1. Hi, I am currently doing my PGCE 5-11 Years. But really want to teach in year 1. I happen to know that at a school I am dying to work at, they are going to introduce play based learning into Year 1. I don't really know anything about this, and thought it would be interesting angle for my paper. But as I said I know nothing as yet. I have just got some journals from google scholar but if anyone can over and advice or key names I should look at I would be very grateful.

2. choralsongster

choralsongster New commenter

I'd research into the EYFS and child-centred learning. Most schools that are taking play-based learnng into KS1 and following through from FS.

3. hi steph-knee I'm doing similar research! to be precise my questions as the following:

What are the views of practitioners about the benefits and limitations of play as pedagogy for learning?
    Why do practitioners hold these views?
    How do the practitioners feel learning through play may help or hinder the children and their learning?

Is similar to yours?

Drop me an email n_sultani@hotmail.co.uk