1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Research Bursary

Discussion in 'Secondary' started by emma_hart123, Jan 8, 2016.

1. emma_hart123

emma_hart123 New commenter

Hello,

Our school are offering an opportunity to get research bursary. We have to introduce something, monitor and then prove its impact. Has anybody done anything similar to this before?

2. fineliner

fineliner Occasional commenter

Yes. What are you thinking of doing?

emma_hart123 likes this.
  3. emma_hart123

emma_hart123 New commenter

That is the difficult part. The ideas i did have appear to be too vague and are too difficult to prove actual impact afterwards. So looking for inspiration and ideas from what other people have done?

4. fineliner

fineliner Occasional commenter

The problem is that if I suggest what I would do in my school and with my classes that will not be of much use to you in your context. You need to look at your teaching or wider role and think of something that you would like to improve - how good at the pupils with homework? are they independent? resilient? think of something that you think could be better. That needs to be your starting point.