1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Research and Support

Discussion in 'Science' started by jd750, Apr 24, 2017.

1. jd750

jd750 New commenter

Hello All,
    While I recognize that this is not the most traditional forum for gathering interest in research participation, the community here is diverse and vibrant and that is what I am seeking. I am a first-year research student at Cambridge, and I am looking at the ways students construct conceptual frameworks in the sciences through project-based learning, PBL. PBL is both an incredibly old and new method of instruction, and its use is highly varied, so this can take many forms. At this time, I am looking to speak with teachers who are either using PBL for all or part of their instruction, or those who are interested but have yet to implement PBL at this time. If you are interested in being a part of this research or simply wish for some support in implementing PBL, please do not hesitate to get in touch.
    Thank you.

2. pigeonlearning

pigeonlearning New commenter

Have used PBL in key stage 3 for science but never had enough time to properly match the curriculum for GCSE or A level science. Think there is great scope for PBL in A level physics for example but curriculum time is always so tight in science due to heavy content load.