1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Rescue Me - APP

Discussion in 'English' started by millicent_bystander, Jan 18, 2012.

1. millicent_bystander

millicent_bystander New commenter

Hello all,
    We've recently had a major system change at school and although I had transferred all my files over from my old laptop - it appears not all files have made it in the move.
    I've essentially lost all of my APP stuff and wonder if anyone has the colour flow-charts about making judgements for reading and writing.
    I'd be eternally grateful if someone could send them to me!
    Thanks in anticipation [​IMG]

2. millicent_bystander

Hello all,
    We've recently had a major system change at school and although I had transferred all my files over from my old laptop - it appears not all files have made it in the move.
    I've essentially lost all of my APP stuff and wonder if anyone has the colour flow-charts about making judgements for reading and writing.
    I'd be eternally grateful if someone could send them to me!
    Thanks in anticipation [​IMG]

3. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

4. EmmaBB

EmmaBB New commenter

I have just been informed by several other LA HoDs that they don't do APP at all! There's me with my rigorous system, making sure I'm doing everything by the book and it seems out of a dozen other local schools I am the only one doing it.
    What's the deal? Id it still a requirement?

5. It's never been a requirement. My advice, if your computer has rejected your APP stuff, is to use the opportunity to airbrush it from history, pretend it never happened, and never mention it again! If we did, what proportion of people on this planet would either notice or care??

6. millicent_bystander

We are in a position where we need to prove rigorous marking is taking
    place and APP is the best way of doing this. It never has been a
    'requirement' but we've always found the grids very useful. We've never
    followed the strict guidelines in terms of ongoing work or used the APP assessments.

7. millicent_bystander

Thanks Marlin, I couldn't access all of the links, but the lancs one will enable me to produce the colour flow charts I'm thinking of.
    Rescued! [​IMG]

8. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

No, I can't get the Nat Strat links to work either [​IMG]
    [​IMG] Happy to have helped!