1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

requesting part time?

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by bradley10, Jan 29, 2011.

1. self explanitory really - how do you go about requesting part time - I have spoken to the head informally but can now request properly but have no idea what to do - neither does the head as I asked him! (there are redundancies at school, so hopefully I will get it)
    thanks

2. self explanitory really - how do you go about requesting part time - I have spoken to the head informally but can now request properly but have no idea what to do - neither does the head as I asked him! (there are redundancies at school, so hopefully I will get it)
    thanks

3. Chica77

Chica77 New commenter

You need to write a formal letter - I think there's a template on the directgov website, and also the union websites have them. Do a search on this forum and the pregnancy one, as i know there have been threads before about it and some links provided. Do you have a union rep?

4. thanks chica will do this - yes have a union rep - she didn't know what to do x

5. Chica77

Chica77 New commenter

I applied for part time and got it eventually. I'll have a look and see if I can find my original letter, but I have a feeling it was saved on my old PC which died! I think I have the letter I wrote to appeal that might be some use. I'll check my memory stick!

6. Chica was it the letter I sent you?
    I might still have my PT letter, I'll look when at home...

7. Chica77

Chica77 New commenter

Yes!! Although adapted of course! I also had to write a letter to appeal, so it had some more stuff in it that I didn't include in my first one.
    Bradley - do you teach secondary or primary?

8. Primary - I have spoken to the head today who has said that it will be accepted - (well as long as I don't get made redundant!)
    Thanks