1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

REQUEST: Science Icons for School Website

Discussion in 'Science' started by A_Teacher_Of_Computing, May 5, 2012.

1. I'm building a VLE page for our science department but cannot seem to find a set of good matching icons/images to represent each subject, usually I can manage 2 our of the big three but not all... well at least without having to pay and there is no budget for this project.

By any chance would anyone have a set of icons or buttons they would be willing to share... or be let me know of a website where I could find them?

With thanks,

ATOC.

2. I'm building a VLE page for our science department but cannot seem to find a set of good matching icons/images to represent each subject, usually I can manage 2 our of the big three but not all... well at least without having to pay and there is no budget for this project.

By any chance would anyone have a set of icons or buttons they would be willing to share... or be let me know of a website where I could find them?

With thanks,

ATOC.

3. freeicons.web ? openclipart.org ?

4. blazer

blazer Star commenter

So a photo of Darwin, Einstein and Haber wouldn't work then?

5. Thanks AutismUK but the useful ones from the first are links to a paid site (iStockPhoto) and the latter shutterstock. Sadly there is no budget for this project so I may have to make my own which is rather more time than I wanted to spend... if I do then I'll see if I can get them on the web as public domain.

Good idea Blazer, while I probably wont use them for the icons I think they would make fantastic headers to each of the main pages.

6. blazer

blazer Star commenter

Just make sure that Haber isn't in his Nazi uniform!

7. Are the images on http://www.clker.com/search/science/1 any good? They are royalty free public domain images.

8. Those will do nicely, thanks SSS