1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Representative Samples

Discussion in 'Science' started by pink_reindeer, Aug 29, 2015.

1. pink_reindeer

pink_reindeer Occasional commenter

Hi guys

I've been trying to prepare resources to cover the following points on the syllabus. Everything I search the web for appears to be presented in a complicated, detailed way. This is for GCSE Additional Applied Science. I wondered if anyone had anything that I could take a peek at please? I wouldn't be able to steal and use it without work, as I teach in a Welsh medium school so would have to translate. The bits I'm struggling with are:

* explain how representative samples can be collected for analysis (e.g. water samples from streams/rivers, landfill sites or household water supplies).

* state the information required when collecting and storing samples for analysis (e.g. water samples).

* explain how to prevent the deterioration or contamination of a sample (water samples from streams/rivers or household water supplies).

Any help with this would be amazing! I've been trying to do stuff on it all day and my brain is fried.

A huge thanks in advance :)