1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

reportwriting for teachers leaving at easter

Discussion in 'Workplace dilemmas' started by PETERPIPER, Jan 18, 2011.

1. I think that If I was taking over from you, I would really appreciate being left a sheet of paper with a quick sentence or two on each student. It will only take half an hour if you spend a minute on each child. I appreciate that it's not technically your job if it occurs after you leave, but imagine how much harder and time consuming it will be for the next teacher than it will be for you. Imagine also that teacher's look of gratitude! Plus, isn't it unfair for children that have worked really hard / been really naughty for you to have no mention of that on their report, just a vague comment from someone who barely knows them?

2. I think it is only fair to leave notes otherwise they'll be writing reports only a couple of weeks into getting to know the class. Also, if you care about the class, surely there is info you'd want to pass on.