1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Reports when on long term Primary supply.

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by schoolsout4summer, May 25, 2019.

1. schoolsout4summer

schoolsout4summer Star commenter

What usually happens with the writing of reports when you are on long term Primary supply?

agathamorse and pepper5 like this.
  2. TheOracleAtDelphi

TheOracleAtDelphi Occasional commenter

What do you mean exactly? I've always done them. Sometimes a school will give me time to write them while other staff are working on other things e.g. planning for the next academic year.

agathamorse and Lara mfl 05 like this.
  3. agathamorse

agathamorse Occasional commenter

I've had to do them too. No extra time though, had to do them at home.

pepper5 likes this.
  4. les25paul

les25paul Star commenter

If you have a long term placement you are usually expected to do almost.all the duties of a full time teacher. You might avoid tasks such as writing schemes of works but not writing reports.

pepper5, Lara mfl 05 and agathamorse like this.
  5. sparkleghirl

sparkleghirl Star commenter

I would hope that they're paying you to scale to do this and not some offensively small supply daily rate.

6. MsOnline

MsOnline New commenter

"Nope!" Is my gut reaction. UNLESS you have been allocated time off IN school to write them. Or you have negotiated a day's pay during the half term. If you are not job-sharing, then the latter option should be reasonable

Should you be expected to work during holidays but not be paid for that time?

Ultimately, be clear at the start about the things you can and can't do (will and won't) because you won't have the time outside of your supply/agency hours.

Good luck.