1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

reports: how similar is too similar?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by coffeecakes, Jun 10, 2012.

1. coffeecakes

coffeecakes New commenter

Ok so this year I've done a little more copying and pasting than I usually do. Mainly for the children who are working in the same groups at the same level. I've made the personal comments section unique for each child but the academic sections look quite similar.
    I'm just curious to know how other people manage this - do you write completely different reports? Do parents ever compare them and notice that they are so similar? Everything I've said is true and I'm just reluctant to change the wording for the sake of it.

2. coffeecakes

coffeecakes New commenter

Ok so this year I've done a little more copying and pasting than I usually do. Mainly for the children who are working in the same groups at the same level. I've made the personal comments section unique for each child but the academic sections look quite similar.
    I'm just curious to know how other people manage this - do you write completely different reports? Do parents ever compare them and notice that they are so similar? Everything I've said is true and I'm just reluctant to change the wording for the sake of it.

3. Ive done exactly the same thing coffeecakes. If they are at very similar abilities I dont see the harm in keeping the wording the same.
    I have identical twins in my class and they are the only two whos reports I have actually entirely altered!

4. As I have said before on this forum - cut and paste, find and replace... chop and change. I check my reports for twins/siblings are written differently but if the content taught is the same for foundation subjects then the only addition would be how that individual pupil responded. I have to say... MUCH easier than when I was an NQT and I had to handwrite reports..... The important part is the comment about the child as a learner, their attitude to learning and their progress and how you have responded to having them in your class.... Good luck, I have 30 done and checked. Just waiting to see if HT has ok'd them... [​IMG]